Due to increasing numbers Shining Stars Nursery has an exciting opportunity for experienced level 3 childcare practitioners in our nursery in Derby to cover bank shifts.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has a passion for working with children to join an expanding business and to be part of a team who care for and educate children in a professional and homely environment.
Ideally you will have experience with working with young children aged 0-5 and are looking to further your career in childcare. You will be working as part of an enthusiastic team and will be supported to continue your professional development.
We are looking for individuals who have the following qualities:
- Being passionate about working with children and being committed to their welfare and development.
- Being motivated to always strive for the best for the nursery and your own professional development.
- Being a dedicated team player who can contribute to the allocation of tasks, solving problems and works with the rest of the team to create positive outcomes.
- Being able to plan, organise and prioritise your workload.
- Having excellent time keeping and attendance records.
- Being patient and encouraging to children, their families and colleagues.
- Being a good communicator with excellent listening skills.
- Being willing to demonstrate a commitment to the values and behaviours which are laid out in the nursery’s aims and vision.
- A full and relevant level 3 childcare qualification
- Post qualification experience of working with children aged 0-5.
- A sound knowledge of the EYFS with the ability to implement this into practice.
- High level of written and spoken English.
- A good knowledge of safeguarding procedures
- Full paediatric 1st aid qualification
- Food hygiene certificate
The nursery is committed to safeguarding children and will confirm all references and past employment history to ensure the highest level of safety for the children. This post requires you to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
If you are interested in applying for this position please email a current, full and relevant CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 01332 293239 for more information, or to arrange an informal visit.